Credit to Harsh Gupta
My blueprint for SaaS and Marketplace founders to build 50k web traffic a month in just 6 months and bring 1000s of signups in as little as $4,000 a month. This playbook has worked really well in Canva, Cliently and Clientvenue
- Make your marketing team independent of the technical team. The marketing team shouldn’t rely on developers to get things done. If possible, convert the blog into a WordPress blog. Also, make sure blogs are optimized for reading on cellphones. Have comments, likes and sharing options (on social media) section in blogs.
- Hire 2 grade 6, and 7 quality writers from Indeed, LinkedIn, Naukri and Internshala. Test their writing abilities by giving them a bottom of the funnel to write on. Salary – $300-$600 a month per employee in India and similar countries.
- Hire 2 freelancers from Upwork for $30-$50 a blog. Give them the same test.
- The goal would be to publish 50-100 articles monthly to build writing momentum.
- Build a keyword list from Ahrefs and only pick the bottom-of-funnel keywords, to begin with. Like competitor’s pricing, alternative, reviews, product use cases, etc. Go for medium volume and medium competition keywords. Even a volume of 10 is good since nobody is trying to compete with them and you will have double-digit conversions. Don’t forget to use parent keywords and combine keywords with the same intent.
- Create a checklist for writers to follow. It should contain all the SEO and writing hygiene. Put a manager on them to ensure the process doesn’t break.
- Create a list of your features. Usp and pricing; so writers can easily take info from there and fill in relevant details in blogs.
- Motivate and coach writers, and have calls with them consistently, or you will see output dropping quickly.
- A strong call to action on the blogs page. No multiple CTA. To begin with, just land people on the homepage, and once you hit 5k traffic a month, start a/b testing. I like to drive people to the homepage, then free trial. For those not converting into paid customers in 7 days, I have a team of account executives chasing them.
- Install Google analytics, Google search console and Microsoft clarity to measure and understand traffic.
- Set goals in google analytics. Goal 1: Coming from blog to homepage. Goal 2: blog to the homepage to signup.
- Start getting ABC and paid backlinks from month 2 of writing. Secure backlinks only on pages indexed by google.
- Backlinks can be secured in relevant slack, FB groups, and cold emails
- Keep re-writing the blogs which get traffic.
- Advanced stage – use optinmonster to optimize CTA and convert more traffic.
- Advanced stage – Use websites like leadfeeder to get data on people visiting your site and prospecting them back.
- Advanced stage – Use the same organic visitors in your re-marketing campaign.
- Get a technical SEO audit from time to time.
From month 3rd, you will start seeing results and beat all your competitors in 6-12 months!